Federal Inspection Programs
Council on Scientific Affairs, American Medical Association
Arch Fam Med. 1993;2(2):210-214.
Article references have been provided for searching and linking. Additional reference information may be available in the article PDF.
1. Young FE. Weighing food safety risks. FDA Consumer. September 1989;23:8-13.
2. Yess NJ. Food and Drug Administration Pesticide Program—residues in foods—1989. J Assoc Off Anal Chem. 1990;73:A127-A146.
3. Committee on Food Protection, Food and Nutrition Board, National Research Council. Toxicants Occurring Naturally in Foods. 2nd ed. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1973. 4. Bradley RL. Polychlorinated biphenyls in man's food: a review. J Milk Food Technol. 1973;36:155-162.
5. International Food Biotechnology Council. Biotechnologies and food: assuring the safety of foods produced by genetic modification. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 1990;12(pt 2):S33-S78.
6. Doyle MP, ed. Foodborne Bacterial Pathogens. New York, NY: Marcel Dekker Inc; 1989. 7. Dack GM. Food Poisoning. Chicago, Ill: University of Chicago Press; 1943. 8. Bean NH, Griffin PM. Foodborne disease outbreaks in the United States 1973-87: pathogens, vehicles and trends. J Food Protect. 1990;53:804-817.
9. Todd EC. Economic loss resulting from microbial contamination of food. In: Proceedings of the Second National Conference for Food Protection; May 9-11, 1984; Washington, DC. Pages 151-166. US Food and Drug Administration Contract No. 223-84-2087. 10. Cohen ML. Prepared statement. In: Hearing before the Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry of the United States Senate, 100th Congress, First Session. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office; June 4, 1987:28. 11. Archer DL, Kvenberg JE. Incidence and cost of foodborne diarrheal disease in the United States. J Food Protect. 1985;48:887-894.
12. Bean NH, Griffin PM, Goulding JS, Ivey CB. Foodborne disease outbreaks: 5-year summary, 1983-1987. MMWR. 1990;39(SS-1):15-57.
13. Oates C. New FDA chief meets the press. Food Processing. 1991;52:8-10.
14. Committee on Evaluation of the Safety of Fishery Products, Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine. Seafood Safety. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1991:319.